Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tulips!

Jeff and I were out of town for one day this weekend. Just one day. And when we came back, I'd say a good four and a half million tulips had bloomed in our backyard. It was a such a great surprise because I didn't plant those four and a half million tulips. I didn't plant anything last year. Or this year. Or the year before. Or the year before that. Or ever. But here they are, beautiful and smelling great, and attracting mean little squirrels that like the taste of tulip petals.

All I have to say is: In your face, Winter. I believe the Me vs. Winter battle is officially over. Until next winter, that is.

To the victor go the tulips.


P.S. Eddie is very protective of his yard and his tulips.You can almost see the intensity and passion smoldering within. Though one war is over, a new war has begun.

Eddie vs. Backyard Squirrel. It's on.

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh...I am SO jealous!!!! I want backyard tulips too!!!! :-(

    (PS I love the picture of Eddie!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tulip looks like it should be in someone's house...say, over the fireplace!!! Oh, wait. It is!!!! Perfect picture, Chrissy. those nasty squirrels better watch out cuz Eddie looks as if he'd tear them apart!!!

    ReplyDelete